Thursday, November 29, 2012
On cold wintery nights I prefer warm one dish meals . This is an awesomely easy recipe and is ready in a jiffy . This is a very accomodating recipe so you can change everything according to your liking .
We need :
3-4 big potatoes
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cheese
1 tbsp oil
1 onion chopped
2 cups mixed vegetables ( i used 1/2 bag of frozen mixed vegetable , 1 bell pepper and 1/2 lb mushrooms ** Princess Pea tries new food only if she sees lots of mushrooms**)
1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic- green chilli paste
1 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
To proceed :
1) Boil the potatoes.
2) Mash the potatoes with salt , 1 tbsp butter , sour cream , milk and cheese .
3) Heat remaining butter with oil in a pan .
4) Add onions and ginger garlic chilli paste and saute for couple of minutes .
5) Add vegetables and cook till they are half cooked .
6) Add salt and garam masala and cook for a min .
7) Keep aside .
To assemble :
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F .
2) Grease the rectangular pan .
3) Press half of the mashed potatoes on the bottom of the pan .
4) Spread the vegetables and top with rest of the potatoes .
5) Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 mins and then broil on high for 5 mins .
6) Serve warm .