Thursday, December 13, 2012
Baked Palak paneer koftas in makhani gravy
Princess Pea came home from school and requested for an orange gravy . This was accompanied with that that cutest smile and bright eyes . How can mommy say no to such sweet request . But this request survived only till we picked up Jr from his school . He got in the car asking for palak paneer . Do the siblings feel each other's feelings ? Do they have to ask for two different things at a time ? This momma had to come up with something that would make kiddos happy . So here it is ...baked palk paneer kofta in orange gravy .
This is a super easy recipe . The kiddos loved it as both of them got what they had asked for . The koftas are baked instead of frying . While baking the koftas spread a little but once cooled again get in the shape . I baked them in muffin tin to have evenly shaped . This recipe is a nice twist to regular palak paneer .
We need :
Palak Paneer kofta :
10 oz Spinach
1/2 cup grated paneer
1 big potato boiled and grated
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tbsp corn flour
salt to taste
Makhani gravy :
5 large tomatoes
1 tsp ginger -garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp kasoori methi
2 tsp butter
salt to taste
2 tbsp heavy cream
2 tsp Heavy cream
2 tbsp grated cheese
To proceed :
Palak Paneer Kofta :
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F .
2) Grease the muffin tin with oil .
3) Blanch spinach in boiling water and refresh in ice cold water .
4) Drain and squeeze out as much water as possible .
5) Chop the spinach finely .
6) Add grated potato ,paneer to chopped spinach .
7) Add ginger-garlic paste .
8) Add corn flour and salt and mix well .
9) Form the mixtures in round shape .
10) Bake the koftas for 15 minutes .
11) Let them cool and form the shape again .
12) Keep aside .
Makhani Gravy :
This is adapted from the master chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe .
1) Quarter the tomatoes and microwave on high for 4 mins with red chilli powder .
2) Grind the cooked tomatoes to a fine paste .
3) Heat butter in a heavy pan .
4) Add ginger-garlic paste with a tsp of water .
5) Fry for a minute .
6) Add tomato paste and let cook for 3-4 minutes .
7) Dry roast kasoori methi and crush it with your palms .
8) Add garam masala and salt .
9) Add heavy cream .
10) Bring it to a boil and turn off the heat.
To serve :
Pour the makhani gravy over the koftas and garnish with heavy cream and grated cheese . Serve with roti,paratha and rice .