Monday, February 10, 2014
What we need :
1 cup besan / chick pea floue
1/2 cup ghee / clarified butter
3/4 cup sugar
a pinch of saffron
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup warm water
2 tbsp. chopped cashews and almonds
1 tbsp. raisins
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
To Proceed :
1) Heat ghee or clarified butter in a deep , heavy bottom pan .
2) Add besan to it and roast till it turns golden brown and the divine , magical aroma fills the house .
3) Dissolve saffron in a tbsp. of warm milk .
4) Add saffron milk along with warm milk and water .
5) Mix well , cover and let it cook for 5 minutes .
6) Remove the cover and mix well .
7) Add sugar and nuts ,raisins and cardamom powder . Mix well .
8) Cover and let it cook for 5 more minutes .
9) Serve warm .
Sunday, February 9, 2014
This is Princess Pea's birthday week and she decided to celebrate the last Sunday of her being 7 years old in a different way . She decided to make soup for lunch . To make it extra special , we decide to have soup and only soup for lunch . I asked her what kind of soup she wanted to make and her answer was ,something special , unique , mouth watering and yes...gourmet .. Seven years old indeed have a great vocabulary . I asked her what did she want to put in her soup and the answer I got was , " Mom , don't you even know what goes in the soup? " So she started her list ..Peas , carrots , potatoes ,something green ,vegetable water that has that special name ( I am her mom , so immediately got it...Vegetable stock ) , paneer and lots of cheese on top .So here we go now...
What we need :
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 medium potato cut in small cubes
1 cup chopped kale
1 cup chopped paneer
3 cups vegetable stock / water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp olive oil
Grated parmesan cheese to serve
To proceed :
1) Heat oil in a deep heavy pan .
2) Add onion and garlic powder and fry for 30 seconds .
3) Add carrots , peas and potatoes and sauté for a minute .
4) Add paneer and sauté for a minute or two .
5) Add vegetable stock and let it boil till the potatoes are soft and cooked well .
6) Season with salt and pepper .
7) Add chopped kale and let it simmer for 5 more minutes .
8) Serve with grated parmesan on top .
Enjoy it hot on a cold wintery day !!
*** If you want it spicy , you can add red chilli flakes or a dash of hot sauce to it .***
*** She even added potato gnocchi in her soup while it was boiling to make it a complete meal .***