Sabudana vada is an all time favorite in my home . But now a days Mr.AJ has been talking a lot about eating healthy .But that definitely does not mean we will give up eating our favorite food . There has to be an alternative for this . While watching TV with Princess Pea , I had seen a commercial of baked potato chips . And then the bells started ringing . If chips can be made without frying why not our very own sabudana vada ? The baking does not affect the taste of the vadas . The peanuts chutney completes the dish .
We need :
1 cup Sabudana
2 medium potatoes
1/4 cup peanut powder
2 green chillies
1/2 " ginger
1 tsp cumin
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt to taste
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup yogurt
1 green chilli
salt and sugar to taste
To Proceed :
1) Wash and soak the sabudana for atleast 4 hours .
2) Boil and mash the potatoes .
3) Dry roast the peanuts and grind to a coarse powder .
4) Make ginger ,chilli and cumin paste .
5) Preheat the oven to 350 F .
6) Line a baking sheet with foil .
7) Mix soaked sabudana with the peanut powder,ginger chilli paste ,cilantro ,lemon juice and salt .
8) Shape into balls and flatten them a little between the palms .
9) Spray both sides of the vadas with cooking oil spray .
10) Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes .
1) Dry roast peanuts and grind with cumin ,salt ,sugar and chilli .
2)Whisk the yogurt and mix with the peanut mixture .
3) Adjust the consistency by adding little water .
Serve warm vadas with the peanut chutney ....Here is to guilt free eating...yippe...