Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Lotion Bars






                          Xmas will be here in no time . Princess Pea and Jr have a long list of friends to give gifts . This cold weather is drying out the skins . Princess Pea has sensitive skin that makes me picky while choosing products . I decided to make my own lotion bars . Thanks to Ash for inspiring me all the time , I decided to make my own lotion bars . They are hard lotion bars and that makes them easy for carrying in the purse . They are convienient to use and carry . The oils are gentle on her skin and are helping with her eczema .

   
We need :

4 oz Beeswax
3 oz coconut oil
2 oz Almond oil
2 oz Avocado oil
1 oz Jojoba oil
2-4 drops of essential oil ( optional )


To proceed :

1) Melt beeswax in a double boiler .
2) Add the rest of the oils and melt again .
3) Add the essential oil .
4) Pour in silicone molds .
5) Let them cool for some time till they are set . Mine were in the mold for about 6 hours as I went out after pouring them .But they are ready in less than 1/2 hour .
6) Unmold and store in a cool place .

    
                                    The lotion bar melts with the body heat .So it's easy for small kids to apply lotion on their own . Friends,give it a try and let me know what do you feel about it ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These lotions and bars are soon becoming a rage. MY friend s whom I gave samples are returning the empty boxes for refill.
Love Ash.