Thursday, December 6, 2012
Oats dry fruit laddu
My dad has a very sweet tooth . He can actually have dessert from breakfast to dinner . I remember my childhood days when my dad would eat laddu with chapati also . I know , it's hard to believe . Someone eating laddu as a side...yes...that's my dad . So when the doctor told him to control his sugar intake as the sugar levels are on borderline and need to be monitored , guys you would guess right ..There is a BIG PROBLEM .. A meal without sweets..No way ; my dad would say . Doctor asked him to eat oats also which he does not like . He does not like the texture of the cooked oats . That was a challange for my mom . She asked me to make something that is without added sugar but still sweet . So the solution to this problem is here . Oats dry fruit laddu...Packed with nutrients ,fibers and lots of love.. And they taste like the "Dink laddu or edible gum laddu" .
We need :
1 cup Oats
20 Seedleess dates
5 dried apricots
fistful dried cranberries
10-15 pistachio nuts
2 Tbsp Flax seeds
1 tsp white Seasame seeds
1/2 tsp Khaskhas (poppy seeds)
1/2 tsp methi seeds ( Fenugreek seeds)
1 tsp Everest milk masala
2 tsp Ghee ( clarified butter)
2 Tbsp coconut powder
To proceed :
1) Roast oats in microwave for 2 minutes till you can smeel the toasty ,nutty oats.
2) Roast almonds,pistachios ,walnuts,flax seeds ,seasame seeds,khaskhas,methi seeds seperately for 2 minutes each .
3) Coarsly powder the oats and the rest of the roasted ingredients .
4) Grind dates,apricots and cranberries together in a food processor .
5) Mix the powdered oats and dry fruits with date-apricot mixture .
6) Add milk masala .
7) Add ghee and form small laddu .
8) Roll the laddu in coconut powder .
The laddus are ready to eat . You can change the dry fruits and their quantity as per your liking . You can adjust the sweetness by adding or reducing the dates .
I can not say how long the laddus will last as they were gone in less than 2 hours in my home . :)
Enjoy them in this cold weather friends ..