Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Besan Halwa / Chick pea Flour dessert



What we need :

1 cup besan / chick pea floue
1/2 cup ghee / clarified butter
3/4 cup sugar
a pinch of saffron
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup warm water
2 tbsp. chopped cashews and almonds
1 tbsp. raisins
1/2 tsp cardamom powder


To Proceed :

1) Heat ghee or clarified butter in a deep , heavy bottom pan .
2) Add besan to it and roast till it turns golden brown and the divine , magical aroma fills the house .
3) Dissolve saffron in a tbsp. of warm milk .
4) Add saffron milk along with warm milk and water .
5) Mix well , cover and let it cook for 5 minutes .
6) Remove the cover and mix well .
7) Add sugar and nuts ,raisins and cardamom powder . Mix well .
8) Cover and let it cook for 5 more minutes .
9) Serve warm .

Enjoy !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Neelam,
I am a big fan of your blog. I was thrilled when I saw your post on Ninawa. I always thought this was one of the most complicated delicacies as I saw my aaji and mom make it. Your recipe seems simple to make. Though i have still not gotten to making it myself, I just wanted to let you know that I definitely will soon.

Best,
Mugdha