Sunday, January 12, 2014
No fuss pineapple mousse
When Princess Pea and Junior decided to have their friends over for a play date , the main thing I have to worry about is what to feed their them . This dessert is an instant hit with kids as well as their parents . It's smooth , velvety texture is complimented with pineapple bites .This is a super easy dessert which is ready in no time at all .
1 can crushed Pineapple
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream , whipped
2 Tbsp instant Gelatin
1/2 cup whipped cream for topping
To Proceed :
1) Drain the crushed pineapple and reserve the juice .
2) Dissolve the gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water .
3) Beat the condensed milk on medium speed for 2 minutes .3) Add 1/2 cup of reserved juice and mix again for a minute .
4) Add crushed pineapple and mix well .
5) Add the dissolved gelatin and mix again .
7) Fold the whipped cream . It can be mixed at low speed also for a minute .
8) Pour in dessert cups and let the mousse set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes .
9) Top with some more whipped cream .
*** Cool whip can be used in place of whipped heavy cream .***
*** Unflavored / flavored ( lemon / Pineapple ) gelatin can be used .***
*** If you like sweet whipped cream as topping , you can add 1 Tbsp sugar to 1/2 cup heavy cream while whipping it .***
*** If you like chunkier texture , you can replace crushed pineapple with canned pineapple chunks.***