Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Multi grain pasta cake
This is the longest unplanned school closing . The snow , way below freezing wind chills make it hard to get out of the house . Kids are tired of such a break and their boredom leads to constant " I am hungry " and " Give me something good to eat "state. Here I come with another fusion recipe that is kid as well as mom pleasing . It's a savory cake that is packed with nutrition . The house was filled with an aroma that could not keep the kids away from it .
3/4 cup Thalipeeth Bhajani ( homemade blend of mixed flours )
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
water to cook pasta
Spicy Paneer and vegetable mix :
1 cup cubed Paneer
4-5 baby corns cut in roundels
1/2 cup mixed peppers , cubed
1/4 cup mushrooms ,cubed
3/4 cups Yogurt
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp ajwain/ carom seeds powder
1 tsp fennel seeds powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp kasoori methi , crushed
1 tsp oil
juice of 1/4 lemon
2 tsp salt
1 tsp chaat masala
3 Tomatoes , deseeded and chopped
1 cup spinach , shredded
2 cups of heavy cream
5 Tbsp cornflour
a pinch of salt
1 cup grated cheese
To Proceed :
1) Preheat oven to 400 F .
2) Grease the pan you want to bake the cake in .
1) Using enough water knead a firm dough .
2) Roll it in 1/4" thick big roti .
3) Cut in diamond or vermicelli / spaghetti shape using a pizza cutter .
4) I cut it like vermicelli with the help of ruler and a pizza cutter .
5) Let it air dry for a few minutes , about 3-5 minutes.
6) Cook in boiling water for 4-5 minutes .
7) Strain and keep aside .
Spicy paneer and vegetable mix :
1) Mix all the ingredients of the marinade and add vegetables and paneer to it .
2) Let it marinate for 15-20 minutes .
1) Mix cream and corn flour in a deep bowl .
2) Add spinach, chopped tomatoes and spicy paneer and vegetable mix to it .
3) Add grated cheese to it .
4) Add pasta to it and toss very gently .
5) Add this to the greased pan and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean .
6) Serve warm .
*** You can substitute any kind of pasta in place of homemade one .***