Saturday, August 1, 2015
Thalipeeth - A Protein powerhouse
What we need :
2 cups Bhajani Flour ( recipe for the bhajani can be found here )
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium tomato chopped
Handful cilantro leaves chopped
Handful of crushed roasted peanuts ( optional )
2 tsp oil
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp haldi
a pinch of hing
salt to taste
oil for roasting
To serve :
To make the thalipeeth :
1) Mix all the ingredients except oil for roasting to form a soft dough and divide the dough in smaller portions .
2) Press and shape them in around 8" circle a cold pan . Alternately you can press them on a plastic sheet / foil .
3) Make holes in them to ensure proper roasting.
4) Add couple of oil drops in each hole .Cover and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or you hear the water from the steam sizzle in the pot .
5) Turn the thalipeeth and roast on the other side till well done .
6)Serve hot with freshly churned butter and yogurt .