Sunday, July 21, 2013
Strawberry soup for my princess
I am back to blogging after a long break of almost four months . Yay... Since the day we got home after the dream vacation at the Disney World , Princess Pea had been asking me to make Cinderella's favorite strawberry soup that she had at the character dining with Cinderella ,Prince Charming , her step mother and Step sisters . What a great experience it was ! I made this soup when We were invited for a cookout on hot summer evening .. This soup is very cool and refreshing and a good start to Royal Feast ..
Though I was given a recipe for the soup along with our pictures taken at 1900 Park Fare , I changed it to make it with whatever I had in my fridge . The pink soup is also perfect for girl's birthday parties as well as tea parties .
What we need :
2 lb. strawberries ( frozen work well too )
2-4 tbsp. sugar ( depending on the sweetness of the strawberries )
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup yogurt
strawberries or mint to garnish
To Proceed :
1) Wash and chop the strawberries .
2) Add sugar and let it sit in the fridge for 1/2 hour .
3) Blend together strawberries , milk , sour cream and yogurt till the soup is creamy .
4) If you find the soup to be very thick , adjust the consistency with some more milk .
5) Chill well and serve .
6) Garnish with either fresh sliced strawberries or a spring of mint .
*** The actual recipe calls for heavy cream but I substituted it with milk (whole or 2% is fine) to make it a bit healthier .
You can use 1/2 cup of yogurt instead of sour cream to make it a healthy version for Kings and Queens .****