Sunday, March 31, 2013
Spiced Chocolate Rice
Rice - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup
Grated ginger - 1/8 tsp
Green cardamom - 2
Cloves - 2
Ghee - 1tsp + 1tsp
Salt to taste
Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
Milk , warm - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 2 tsp
For Garnish :
How to :
1) Wash and drain the rice . Keep aside for 10 minutes .
2) Heat ghee in pan andadd green cardamom and cloves to it .
3) Add grated ginger and washed rice and fry for 2 minutes.
4) Boil milk and water together and add to the rice.
5) Cook the rice completely .
6) Cool the cooked rice .
7) Melt the chocolate chips in microwavr for 1 minute or in double boiler .
8) Add warm milk to it .
9) Add sugar and mix well .
10) Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan .
11) Add cooled rice and the chocolate in the milk to it .
12) Cook till all the chocolate milk is absorbed in the rice .
13) Cover and steam for 2 minutes.
14) Garnish with sliced grapes and strawbrries .
15 ) Serve warm .
** This dish can be made with leftover plain rice too . In that case , heat ghee ,add cardamom and cloves , grated ginger and then cooked rice to it .
** You can use any favorite chocolate bar for this recipe .
** You can add fruits directly to the rice before serving .