Saturday, May 31, 2014
For Cake :-
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup pineapple juice (reserved from canned pineapple)
1/4 cup yogurt
Filling and Frosting :-
3 cups heavy whipping cream
5 tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped pineapple( I used canned pineapple slices)
Chopped pineapple to garnish
To Proceed :
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F .
2) Grease two 9" round cake pans .
3) Sift flour and baking powder together .
4) Mix butter, yogurt ,sugar and pineapple juice well .
5) Add the flour and mix well .
6) Pour in prepared pans and bake for about 20 minute or the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean .
7) Cool completely .
1) Whip heavy cream with sugar till it forms peaks and holds its shape .
1) Cut each 9" round cake in two halves . So in this case we will have 4 thin cakes .
2) Brush / Spray the cakes with remaining pineapple juice to keep the cake moist and give the additional pineapple flavor .
3) Spread the whipped cream on one layer and top it with some finely chopped pineapple .
4) Top with another piece of cake and repeat the process for all the cakes .
5) Frost the cake with remaining whipped cream and garnish with chopped pineapple .
6) Chill the cake before serving .