Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Magical Purple cauliflower soup
The kiddos at Kane's Coop love colors . They were equally excited when I brought home the purple cauliflower from the farmer's market . Princess Pea had seen a poster in school nurse's office showing what colors we need to eat . And here is our favorite cauliflower soup with magic .
What we need :
1 medium head of purple cauliflower - chopped
1 medium onion - chopped
2 garlic cloves - chopped
2 tsp oil
2 bay leaves
4 pepper corns
4 cups vegetable stock / water
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp lime juice for the "Magic"
To Proceed :
1) Heat oil in a deep pan .
2) Add bay leaves , pepper corns and garlic and sauté for a min .
3) Add chopped onions and sauté till the onions are translucent .
4) Add chopped cauliflower and coat well with oil .
5) Add vegetable stock or water and bring it to boil without cover .
6) Let it cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender .
7) Add salt and pepper to taste .
8) Puree in your blender/food processor .
10) Serve hot .
To add magic :-
Squeeze lime juice in the soup and see the magic . Watch the purple color change to bright pink .