Friday, September 7, 2012
Chocolate Almond Butter
Which kid on this planet does not like Nutella ? But like any other store bought product kids are given many non healthy ingredients . And we moms think we are giving our kids something healthy and nutritious alternative to regular butter . Is Nutella really good for our kids ? After reading the label I realized the first ingredient was sugar followed by vegetable oil and then hazelnut . And there is soy lecithin . The story is not any different in organic nut butters also . This makes me try to make homemade alternative . According to many health experts almonds top the list of healthiest nuts . So my first choice was pretty easy . Almonds . Chocolate will be the reason for kids to atleast give it a try . It's ready in almost no time . It can be made from raw or roasted almonds .
The process is almost the same like making the peanut powder . You just have to run the mixer evn longer till the oil seperates from the powder and is kind of runny . My magic bullet did wonders making this .
What we need :
1 cup almonds
2-3 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
2) Roast almonds on a fil lined cookie sheet for 15 minutes stirring twice to prevent burning .
3) Cool little bit for about 10 minutes .
4) Put in the mixer or food processor and let the game begin .
5) First it will be in pieces ,then powder and then it will look like a ball .
6) Keep going till the oil seperates and the almond butter looks runny .
7) Add cocoa powder ,honey and salt and keep going .
8) After about 15 minutes ,the chocolate almnond butter is ready .
9) It can be used as aspread , a dip for fruit or even in baking .
Taaadaa....chocolate almond butter is ready to rock . Happy eating...