Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Sprouted moong poori



      Princess Pea asked me to make 8888 poori to eat after school . What mom can ignore such a sweet demand . But the mommy feeling crawled in. My kid can not just eat fried stuff unless the nutritional factor is added to it . My treasure hunt in the refrigerator led me to a container of the moong beans that I sprouts over the weekend . I heard them calling my name . That was when I knew what I was going to make . It's pretty easy to make and is ready in short time.

What we need :

1 cup sprouts
2 green chillies
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp anardana / dry pomegranate powder
1/8 tsp asafoetida 
1 tsp salt / to taste
2 cups whole wheat flour

Oil for deep frying


To proceed :

1) Grind everything except the wheat flour to a fine paste .
2) Add it to the whole wheat flour .
3) Knead to form a firm dough .
4) Keep aside covered for 15 minutes .
5) Heat oil on medium high heat .
6)Divide the dough into small line sized balls .
7) Roll each ball into a 4-5 " diameter circle .
8) Deep fry poori in hot oil till golden on both sides .


Serve hot poori with yogurt , pickle , raita or ketchup .

Enjoy !!!!

No comments: