Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Almond flour chocolate chip cookies




  

                                         It's the first day of school today ...The summer break was too short ....I still need to do so many thing with kiddos.. I wanted to make something special for them ...Kids love cookies... My friend Raman always talks about her almond cookies ...Jr being busy with many after school activities I wanted to give him some protein packed snack...I am not in favor of protein powder at this stage and always keep looking for natural protein sources . That's the reason these cookies appealed to me ..
                           I did not buy the store bought almond flour .It's very easy to make at home . Just put the almonds in the food processor and grind them in a powder .It's easier to grind the almonds without making them oily  if the they are chilled .I added white and regular chocolate chips just to make the cookies interesting . These cookies have a different texture than the regular cookies . The cookie dough freezes well , so I made two batches and froze one batch for later use . I made smaller cookies as these are going to be kid's snack on their way to after school activities .


What we need :-

3 cups of almond flour
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

optional :-
 dried cranberries , chopped walnuts , raisins or any chopped dry fruits

How to proceed :-

1)Preheat the oven to 375 degrees .
2) Beat the butter and sugar till light and creamy ( about 2-4 mins)
3) Add egg and vanilla to it .Continue mixing .
4)Add salt and baking soda .
5)Add almond powder .
6)Mix well .
7)Fold in chocolate chips or anything that you want to add to your cookies .
8)Scoop about a tablespoonful mound on a parchment or silicone sheet lined cookie sheet .
9)Gently press down to form a small disc .
10) Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 mins untill the edges are brown .
11)Let them cool in the cookie sheet for 3-4 mins before moving them to a cooling rack .

           I made only one batch of cookies and it made 22 small cookies . I froze the other batch for later use . This definitely is a protein packed snack . I did not peel the almonds so the cookies have enough fibers in them .

Enjoy.....


                         

1 comment:

Unknown said...

will soon try. The cookies look yumm. Thanks for the recipe.
Love Ash.