As the school is approching in less than three weeks I am already gearing myself up for the busy mornings . Like every mom ,I want to sneak vegetables in every meal . Everyone in this household loves parathas . On a visit to a friend in New Jearsey ,they have ordered paratha from a special paratha place . Their menu had almost 100 varieties of parathas . This inspired me to make this one .
What we need :-
3 cups hole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
water as needed to make soft dough
2 cups grated brocoli
2 cups grated cauliflower
1 green pepper finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
3/4 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp cilatro finelly chopped
Ghee or butter to fry (optional )
How we proceed :-
1. Make a soft dough using as much water needed .
2. Keep aside for 30 mins
3. Mix grated cauliflower,brocoli and chopped pepper .
4. Add ginger -garlic paste , garam masala ,cilantro and salt .
5. Take two lime sized dough balls and roll them in a 6-8 inch diameter .
6. Put 2-3 tbsp of stuffing on one circle .
7. Cover with another circle .
8. Roll into 8-9 inch diameter .
9.Fry on a hot gridle with little ghee .
10. Serve hot .
These parathas taste eqully good even after they are cooled down completely . Add yogurt and pickle to go with these in the lunch box .